Wednesday, May 18, 2011

SURPRISE!

Lily dropped a doeling today! I was NOT expecting that.

I just happened to be outside a noticed what looked like Two little white rocks. On closer inspection it was a tiny little gal. Lily ditched her. I cleaned her up and tried to get her to nurse on Lucy. Lucy was tolerating my attempts because of a hefty grain ration but little baby wasn't having it.

I tried ( unsuccessfully ) expressing from Lucy into a bottle. No go. So I drove to the feed store for colostrum. I know I should have already been prepared but I wasn't.

I don't know if she'll make it. Her hooves look odd, like they aren't fully formed? Kind of soft??

Anyway - she's been on earth for all of 3 hours and has spent all that time sleeping for the most part.

I hope she makes it.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment