I made it longer and larger so it would fit this coming winter since its made from wool-ease. I shorted the ribbing on the neck and sleeves. Rather than doing the mutlicolored stripe in the book, I did a chain pattern from another book.
By the time I finished the two sides, I was OVER IT. The chain looked cute in the book, but was looking outdated And 80s ( the bad kind). I didn't love it, and therefore didn't want to seam it so I sewed it together on my machine, spending only 10 minutes over than wasting 40 seaming it by hand.
When I was done though, it wasn't Too terrible. I actually think it looks quite fetching on Thing One. The colors are too dark for Thing Two, so his will be lighter and without the chain.
It is made up ENTIRELY of remnant stash, so there were a lot of ends to weave in. I have just enough left over to make a knit Beanie to match, which I don't really feel Like doing because I'm over these colors right now. So I'm currently working on the Lisa Frank Sweater.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5