Thursday, February 16, 2012

That damn ugly yarn

I've had this 1970s ( literally ) acrylic yarn for about 2 1/2 years. It was only one scratchy-as-hell skein. I had no idea what to do with it. I made a washcloth. I made some underwear for my kids babe. I balled it and stared at it. If it were the same colors in a less hideous fiber, I may have made something with it. Sincethen the skein has been whittled down to a smaller and smaller ball. So there really isn't much left for the thing.

Enter creative gift wrapping. Its lovers birthday on Saturday.  I made some worsted weight owl cable socks. I juuuuuuust finished hem about an hour ago and I needed something to wrap them in! I had NO tape.NO wrapping paper. NO ribbon.

TADA!!!

This is what I came up with. Brown packing paper left over from Amazon deliveries and the hideous yarn. Not to shabby if I do say so myself!. Here's a peek at the sock. I'll post pics of lovers feet after it gets opened.



No comments:

Post a Comment