Thursday, October 6, 2011

Muno revisited

A year ago this month, I knit this sweater for Brave for his 5th birthday. It was the first sweater project I complete, and did so completely without a pattern so, needless to say, I was very proud of myself.

Here we are a year later and I don't want to let the sweater go. The head opening fit him back then ( my son is microcephalic), but it had become too small. I tore out about 6 rows of the collar and added a simple crochet edging. The arms fit fine so I've left them alone.

As you can see, the sweater has quite a bit of girth to it so the body of the sweater was good too.

However - it has a rolled edge on the bottom so now its a wee bit too short. My solution? Pick up an knit a 2 inch ribbed. Hem on the bottom, buying my boy at least another winter to his Muno sweater.

Who knows- perhaps next winter I'll add a ribbed cuff at the sleeves, a turtle neck , and another rolled edge to the bottom on the sweater.

My sons down with it.. he's pretty easy going.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments:

Post a Comment