Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Priorities.

They certainly have a way of getting lost in the shuffle, don't they? Once upon a time, about six years ago, I decided I wanted to be a midwife.

I enrolled in a Doula program. I have a tendency of getting bored/ sidetracked ( often give up) on new thing so I told myself if I can complete a doula certification I would enroll in the more pricey childbirth educator program. If I complete that, I will enroll in the midwifery program. I finished my doula program but it ended there.

I read through my nursing/ midwifery. Textbooks every so often but I still haven't taken the plunge. When one allows the bumps in the road to throw one of course, goals with never be met.

Its a real chin scratcher, I tell ya. But its what I've wanted for so long and still want so it wouldn't not suit me at all to let this one go. If I'm not pregnant by December, then I'll. Enroll in January. You all have my permission to kick my rear end if I renege.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

1 comment:

  1. I'm the same as you in this, often giving up or getting sidetracked. I think it's awesome you're going to try to take the plunge. Whenever I get pregnant I know I'll be coming to you for advice and help!! :-)

    ReplyDelete