Monday, January 24, 2011

The Suckiness of Losing Livestock

My dog killed one of my duck and injured another. She tore the chickenwire from the garden gate and helped herself to a jolly good time. I knew going in to hobby farming/microranching there would be losses. It doesn't make it any easier to deal with,however. I was feeling so good this morning and now everything blows. Two ducks lives. $9. Two meals. Countless eggs. A smigeon of happiness.That's a sample of what I lost today. But what really gets me is the loss of trust in myself and the loss of confidence in this lifestyle. Doubt, insecurity and guilt are nasty little buggers. They weaseled through my brain spreading out like vines down to my heart. Yup. Its quite sucky losing livestock.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

1 comment:

  1. Just be smarter than the dog. Think of how they'll get in or animals would get out. Analyze everything about the set up. You'll do just fine and I'm sure you are because you're never on here anymore lol

    ReplyDelete